Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

hi i have I over active peripheral vision. I cant seem to

Customer Question

hi i have I over active peripheral vision. I can't seem to focus as much as the stuff in front of me as the sides. I don't want to wear glasses forever. Is there a solution without glasses with side shields ? I would like a permanent solution without the use of glasses where I can focus on what is in front of me.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long has this been going on for?

Does it seem better if you close one eye?

How old are you?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I have not heard back from you so let me do my best to answer.

It is possible that you are having a problem with strabismus, or the alignment of your eyes. It may also be that your glasses are not right for you.

Also, rarely, you may have some sort of ocular pathology.

I suggest you have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist in the near future.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS