Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Im looking for advice from someone familiar with the customized

I'm looking for advice from someone familiar with the customized eyeglass lenses involving measuring the orientation of the frames on the wearers face, etc. They seem to be referred to as "individual", or "high definition" or "digital", and claim a wider range of clear vision.

I don't know which product is better than another, also there seems to be a lot of variance in how the measurements are taken.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Do you know what your eyeglass Rx is?

Do you wear contact lenses also?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

-3.25 in the right and -2.50 in the left

Thank you for that extra information.

In my professional opinion all these fancy, digital, computerized, laser-scanning, etc. purported to make the manufacture of lenses and the fitting of frames to your face/head are a bunch of marketing BS.

I liken it to the art of selling Snake Oil.

They are no better then the "manual" or "analog" ways of making lenses and fitting glasses that have worked so well over the years.

So. What is the take home message? Don't buy into their BS. Spend you money on a fun night out with your best friend instead.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

PS: I have been a partner is a very successful optical shop for over two decades. If I thought this stuff helped me to offer a better product I would have my staff use it too.....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, this was the answer you gave me last time but with all due respect I am looking for someone who has dealt with this product who can explain the differences between the different proprietary lenses and methods of taking the measurements.

I didn't know we had discussed this before. Sorry.

Dr.Dan would probably be an excellent expert on this site to ask this question. I know he has an optical shop in his practice.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post your question on a new thread and request him?

He is on the West Coast and is usually online later the us folks to the East.

At least I'm consistent in my answers, eh :)

Have a good evening. I hope you get the answers you need soon.