Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I went to costco to get my eyes checked as i need new glasses

I went to costco to get my eyes checked as i need new glasses the Optician said i have a small freckle and referral me a Ophthalmologist to get check out, i been going to eye doctor every 2 yrs for the last 6 yrs or so and has never mention anything , should i be worried?

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Dr. Dan B. :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Dan B. :

For the most part, these "freckles", called choroidal nevi are not anything to get worried about. While technically they do carry the potential to turn malignant, it is a pretty rare event. Its quite likely that your ophthalmologist has seen this on your regular exams, but because they are so common, seldom are concerning, and (maybe) because yours hasn't changed any, he/she hasn't decided to mention it. I feel like my patient's should always be told about these things, anyway, but I can't say that this always happens with every ophthalmologist. Does this make sense?

Dr. Dan B. :

Does this information help address your concerns?

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

Customer:

Thanks , i feel little at ease, i will still make app with my Eye Dr.

There seems to be a problem with the chat system so I switched to this Q&A format. Just type your response and I'll get back to you. Thanks.

You're welcome. Do you have any other questions about this? If not, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven't said, please don't issue a negative feedback rating-My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.