Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Question about possibility of seizure. Hi, I have been asking

Question about possibility of seizure.

Hi, I have been asking a lot of questions but I also have a lot going on so I hope no one minds. Since the beginning of August I have had these "episodes" for lack of a better word. They always happen at night. I am woken up with the room spinning, pounding heart, feeling like I can't see and can't move. I am confused and cant see and every noise feels excruciatingly painful. I don't know how long it lasts because I live alone. When I wake up in the morning after I feel very ill, often nauseous, weak, shaky and a perception of being very sick. I had one last night that was the worst yet. It's weird because before It happened I went to sleep I was actually feeling good and noticed a pleasant sensation in my stomach. Again when I came to, I was very ill, same as above. My doc Works at an urgent care on Sundays so I was able to get in. I did a neurological and had difficulty with my gait, falling off balance with eyes closed and the shin-foot test. The doc said he was not sure what was going in and even when I pressed for his thoughts he said he wanted to wait for tests. He did say he wants to rule out things I'm already being tested for: pheochromocytoma, And cardiac issues. He then said to come back next week and we'll discuss a brain scan depending on the results. I know you probably don't want to reveal anything my doc doesn't want to get but I am getting scared, and am scared to have another episode. Plus the lingering sickness is not fun.

Also last week I had a hypertensive urgency with tachycardia chest pain, nauseau and shortness of breathe. I was cleared for any major heart problems.
Thanks for your time!
Mindy
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Mindy,

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

It sounds like your primary problem is anxiety to me.

That being said, I think you are in excellent hands with your current doctor and she is doing the appropriate work up and tests to figure out what should done.

Would it be possible for you to stay with a friend until all of this is figured out? I only say this because I can fully understand your concerns about being alone during these difficult times.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest