Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hi Dr. Rick~ I find my left eye still bothers me and no doubt

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Rick~ I find my left eye still bothers me and no doubt you are right about Blepharitis~ but the left eye bothers me more because I have to wear a contact in it~it feels itchy and at times sore~ do the symptons eventually go a way~for a time anyway~ as there have been days when I was okay~ so it can't be my cat~ he is a Persian and normally they don't bother you as much as normal cats~I had him almost four years besides~ could I be doing something wrong~no doubt the other eye has it and yet I don't feel any discomfort~besides baby shampoo can my son get me anything at the drug store to help~ one day he came home with some wipes and I remember your saying that normally these things do not work~ so I returned them~ but it seems you mentioned one other thing that might help and I forget the name of it~ hopefully that is not what he got~do you need a prescription for it~ My mother used to wash her eyes like that my sister said~ yet she did not have to wear a contact~she had a growth come on her lid a couple of times years ago and had to have it removed~ would that have been caused by that~ it was many years ago before she was doing the baby shampoo thing~I sure don't want that to happen Martha~PS How long do you use the baby shampoo as far as time rubbing each day~

Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 9 months ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Unfortunately I do not know when this may be, as the professionals come on line as they are available. You don't have to stand by, you will get an email telling you when you have received a response. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Camille

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Camille~ I have been in contact with Dr. Rick for a long time and he has helped me so much~ as well as Dr Kaushik~ the Girl on the phone today told me to start a new thread for Dr. Rick~ although I think the other one is also still opened too~Martha

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Hi Martha,

I think I answered this question on the other thread. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dr. Rick~ I hope that the surgery was not too serious~when a Retina is involved like that are there positive results sometimes~as it seems like a serious happening~funny in all the eye disorders that I read about I never see Polypoidal mentioned as one~anyway my sister said today they~ her Insurance~ decided again not to cover her treatment~ saying the opposite this time~ because it is in a hospital setting and thus the hospital should cover it~ she can't win~

I decided to use the baby shampoo on the right eye today also and it actually burned and the bad eye did not~ you said that is a sign it is working~maybe it is better to do both and thus if possible get rid of it in both eyes~it was just my right eye never bothered me~but I do not put a contact in it~ my lashes have grown from the Lumigan~ that would not do it would it~it burns sometimes when I put my eye drops in~I seem to remember your telling me besides baby shampoo there was one other treatment that worked~when do you ever rest~with all your Education you should be able to sit back with your feet up at times~ whereas you are always normally available on here~unlike many other Doctors~Martha~

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
There are positive results often...but sometimes there isn't ...

No. Long lashes won't hurt anything.

Have a good evening.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dr. Rick~Does Blebharitis cause styes~I had a couple ~ but not recently~ they were not big and ugly like my husband used to take~I think you would know the kind I mean ~ all swollen and red~ mine were quite small ~ but very annoying~ I know you said before Computer use and lots of it do not cause eye sight loss~ but would posture do that~ my sister~ as an example said her posture is terrible on a computer and would that have maybe caused her problem~I noted~ she drives a pink Harley~ in one picture of her she was leaning a LOT to the left on the bike and that is the problem eye~ just a thought~in one picture of her I too noticed one eye closed ~the bad one~Thanks for any help~Martha

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Martha,

Yes. It sure does....

Posture will not be a problem with your eyes either, for you or your sister.

Not even driving a pink Harley and leaning a lot to the left. Perfectly safe from an eye point of view.

Have a great day.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dr. Rick~I had sort of a bad experience tonight with my left eye~the cataract one~I already tore a contact last week~ the monthlie one and they gave me a free one yesterday~ which was nice of them~ as there are still two more weeks left this month~ anyway I watched a show on the Computer for over an hour and my eye felt dry~I thus put in artificial tears and kept rubbing my eye~which I should not have done~I got a lot of stringy goop~ so no doubt you are right about Blepharitis~I faithfully use baby shampoo every morning~I was sure the contact was gone~ as I could not see and as I said I should not have been rubbing it~ I kept searching and Finally found the contact down in the side part of the eye~thank Goodness~I would not have the nerve to ask for another contact ~especially so soon~ nor would I feel good unless I was sure it was out of my eye~now the goop seems all gone~I had eye make up on too and rubbing this was not very smart I guess~ would the longer eye lashes caused by Lumigan make the condition worse~ you said I probably had it for decades~I believe you now as I sometimes would get a stye in that eye~I kept rinsing it with warm water and have the contact out~the eye seems okay now and no goop coming when I rub~ what made so much come~ would it be the computer and dryness~it kind of scared me~my son checked many drug stores and no one sells a solution to treat this ~I thought I would try something different from the shampoo~as I said the eye looks fine now and is dry and even most of the redness is gone~Martha~

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Yup. Sounds like it was the time on the computer and the dryness.....

Sounds like you will be OK

Have a good weekend :)