The situation here has progressed a bit and I'd appreciate your thoughts on what I plan on doing.
The hyphema has cleared but has revealed some pretty considerable damage to the rest of the eye. My iris is torn, my lens has developed a cataract, there is some blood in the vitreous, what looks like scar tissue has manifested over the macula, and there may be some bleeding behind the retina.
This has manifested as blurry vision (almost like a gaussian blur were applied), a dark web in my vision that moves when I move my eye and obstructs about the left 1/3-1/2 of my vision, and a gray blind spot at the center of my field of view.
After speaking with my doctor he suggested I should see a retina specialist, but I would probably be recommended to just wait and see. They haven't found any evidence of retinal detachment, whether by visual exam or ultrasound.
Now, from my understanding and research, it seems as though I'll probably end up needing vitrectomy + cataract surgery.
My question, then, is:
How urgent is this surgery? Is my visual prognosis better if I get the surgery a week from now rather than 2 months? If I wait I will obviously still be getting regular eye exams, but I'm concerned whether my symptoms will degenerate further if I choose to wait.
Thanks for your assistance.