Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hello again doctor. We just had a discussion concerning my

Hello again doctor. We just had a discussion concerning my current gastrointestinal and breathing issues. I did have one more question on a subject most likely unrelated. While at my eye doctor's office for an examination she discovered iron deposits on both corneas. This has never shown up before in previous annual and sometimes semi-annual examinations. I am near-sighted and currently use eye glasses for correction. 13 years ago when I was extremely near sighted I underwent LASIK surgery with tremendous results. For the next seven years I did not need to wear corrective lenses and my current prescription is much less powerful than it was years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Was your eye doctor an optometrist or an ophthalmologist?

Dr. Rick :

What you are talking about is very common and is called a Hudson-Stahli line. It is usually located on the lower third of the cornea, is limited to the epithelial layer and noticed in patients 50 or so years old.

Dr. Rick :

It is not a sign of any sort of pathology or problem and requires no treatment.

Dr. Rick :

It has nothing to do with your current or future vision and will not impact your previous LASIK surgery.

Dr. Rick :

So what is the take home message? I would not give these iron deposits another thought. They are of no consequence. I'm sorry that your eye doc did not explain this to you.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

David,

Dr. Rick says:
5:57 PM
5:58 PM
5:59 PM
6:00 PM
6:00 PM
6:03 PM
6:03 PM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS