How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi dr i had pain in my sinus and nose- and eye area the ct

This answer was rated:

hi dr i had pain in my sinus and nose- and eye area
the ct said i had bony defects in the medial canthal regions which appear postsurgica possibly realate to acrimal drainage system- along with other stuff on it
i know he broke the nose- but i keep haveing paion there and in the eye area- my friends say it looks funny and worse - is it a fracture now did it not heal - what does it mean- can it be repaired
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How long ago was the break?

Do you have any breathing problems?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i always say i have a hard time breathing

they keep saying take nasal ned etc,,, it does not help

i take synthroid- i had my thyroid removed i think it caused the blockage of my tear ducts - but my nose and my eyes hurt -


I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you are having.

To answer your question directly: Yes. I am sure that it can be repaired. Unfortunately, at this point, it may have to be re-broken so that it can be put back together correctly.

A good ENT surgeon should be able to do this type of repair for you.

I also suggest you have a complete eye examination by an ophthalmologist prior to consulting the ENT surgeon just to make sure that there are no problems with the eye muscles, eye movement or the eyeball itself. If there are, this would have to be corrected at the same time that the other defect are fixed.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would it be the same doctor that did the surgery- who won't see me again he said everything is fine-i keep telling him the bone hurts me -

is it too seperate doctors to see and two seperate surgeries?


I would gather up your medical records and consult with a new ENT doctor since your current one does not seem interested in helping you at this point.

I do not think the ophthalmologist would do any surgery but, rather, pass his finding along to the ENT surgeon for consideration during any repair. So, in that light, while you would see two separate specialists, you would probably on have one surgery.

I hope you feel better soon :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi doctors-

does this also cause change in eyes and cranial pain in the skull



It might.....your new ENT surgeon would be able to tell you for sure if it did.
Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi dr rick

well i called the ent he said there is nothing wrong with my sinus

they said call the eye doctor- called the eye doctor who did the srugery he said it is the ent and i said he said come to you-everyne is passing the buck- CAD systom

don't know what do do!


That, to put it bluntly, sucks :(

Well, at this point, since these two doctors don't seem interested in helping you, I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

I am sorry that you are being put through all of this :(

Let me know what else I can do to help......