Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi~ I have my new contact in right now and feel no discomfort~but

Hi~ I have my new contact in right now and feel no discomfort~but later on it happens~ after a couple of hours or so~I tried calling my Doctor and can't reach him or her~ the contact is for a cataract operated on eye many years ago~ they say now it is too risky to do the surgery~ why would this be~I have high eye pressure~ anyway I want this contact to work and yet can't stand the soreness after a couple of hours~ would this mean that it does not fit right and yet the Optomatrist said it did~I
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

As you know, I do not think it is too risky for you to have the surgery to put a lens in your eye :)

Use some preservative free artificial tears while wearing your lens and see if that helps...

It is possible that the lens is not a correct fit, or that it just needs tweaking a tiny amount. I'd press your optometrist on this point next time you see her.

You eye pressure has been OK lately and,in any event, your symptoms are not consistent with eye pressure problems.

Continue to use your computer to talk with your favorite eye doc :)

Make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to bother you again Dr. Rick~I was thinking Dr. Dan or someone else might know the answer~ since you admitted that you are NOT a contact expert~ you are too important for that~ I know one Doctor said I have quite a large incision where the original operation was done 30 years ago~ they tried to do it as the normal people under a local and my eye would not stop jumping~ so I had to be put to sleep~maybe that is one reason ~ as funny two Specialists said the same thing~ anyway you are always so Faithful~it is hard for me to keep going there ~ the Optomatrist I have only works Sundays and you can't phone her in between~ even the other Doctors there seem too busy to call you~ plus I am alone now and have to depend on my son and I hate to keep interfering with his week- ends~ remember what I told you about his wife~:-)~ I heard some children are born with cataracts and also have to wear a contact~when you have an implant I assume it is a perfect solution~ are there any problems with those and can you see close and far~ if it is risky one does not like to take a chance~ as we only have one set of eyes~ sorry to bother you again with the same question~Martha ~You must be the only Eye Doctor who cares~as the others are almost impossible to get~

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Martha,

I think I'm the only eye doctor who keeps his computer on at work with a sound that plays when a question comes in...that way I can jump in and answer between patients if I have time :)

I think asking this question to Dr. Dan is an excellent idea.

Can you re-post it and start your post with "For Dr. Dan...."

He is usually off work around 5 PM Pacific time and comes online. I think he is part of a group so doesn't, like me who is in private practice alone (and with a younger partner who gets no say in what I do :), get to do whatever he wants ;-)

I bet Dr. Dan will have some good advice. He's good...

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest