Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

good morning am getting this electrical sharp pain in my eye

good morning am getting this electrical sharp pain in my eye brow, they last around 10, to 15 sec,, I ben under a lot of stress with my 2 year old , he has TCS, which he is getting operated soon, thank you

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. For how long has this been happening?

for about a week, it,s happen 3 times

Dr. Dan B. : Has the vision in this eye changed? Is the eye red or light sensitive? Have you been doing an excessive amount of reading, or computer work?

will I work in front of a computer 8 hr a day, then at home am always on my phone checking my e-mails

am under a lot of stress my 2yr old son has TSC, he gets seizures

so they are going to operate him some time this year, also work is very stressing lately

Dr. Dan B. : By far, the most likely cause of this is just eyestrain. I do not think it is associated with stress. The long hours you spent at the computer & on your phone are likely playing a role in this. I would recommend using artificial tears 3 to 4 times per day in both eyes, every day, for the next 2 to 3 weeks. This can help with eyestrain and with dry eye associated with many hours spent in visually intensive tasks.

this is not do to having a stroke

Dr. Dan B. : Also, taking regular breaks from focusing at the computer or on your phone will be helpful to combat this eyestrain. Approximately every 30 minutes, take a break from focusing at near for 2 to 3 minutes. This can be accomplished by getting up and walking around for a minute, taking a bathroom break, or just looking out the window. Does this make sense?
Dr. Dan B. : No, this is not a sign of a stroke at all.
Dr. Dan B. : Do you have any other questions about this?

is there anything I could take or just the eye drops

Dr. Dan B. : Tylenol and or ibuprofen can also be helpful with this pain.

thank you sir, I feel more relief

Dr. Dan B. : Good. I wish your son good luck on his surgery. I hope this is been helpful. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!