Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I put anbesol drop in my eye on saturday morning. flushed with

I put anbesol drop in my eye on saturday morning. flushed with lots of water and been keeping closed with genteal lubricant but still pretty swollen what should i do if anything
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Were you wearing contacts at the time?

How is your vision today?

Can you upload a picture of your eye? Here is how to do it:

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.
Go to
Upload your picture to the site by browsing for it as directed.
This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.
Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.
Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No contacts

Vision is ok

Must force my eye open as it's still pretty swollen and purple on outside red on inside

no photo available

Ok. Thank you for that extra information.

This actually happens more often than you would think it does. In my practice I come across this about once a year :(

The good news? You did the right thing by flushing with a lot of water and genteel ointment.

The other good news? When the swelling goes down, everything will be OK. There should be no long term damage to your eyes or vision. It will, however, be swollen for a day or so more....

I would continue to keep your eye gooped up with the genteel ointment and put ice on the swelling.

You can tell your friends and co-workers that the other guy looks a lot worse ;)

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should it still "feel" sore when i move it?

You probably scratched the cornea a bit flushing your eye out. This feeling should go away by tomorrow morning, along with noticeable improvement in the swelling.

If that is not the case by this time tomorrow you should have an ophthalmologist take a look at you.

I do, however, believe you will be OK in the long run...

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.