Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

The middle of my nose hurts when pressed and it is quite itchy

The middle of my nose hurts when pressed and it is quite itchy inside. I sneeze quite often and sometimes my eyes are itchy as well, what can this be?
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

How long has this been going on for?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Is the itch on the outside of your nose or inside?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this
information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about a week ago I woke up with really dry and stuffy nose then it was itchy all day. I may have rubbed under my nose because of the itch. Then it started to hurt

when I press it. I don't have any other symptoms except for some sneezing and headache at my forehead. I don't have any medical condition and usually quite healthy.

Thank you for that extra information.

This sounds like some sort of allergic reaction. Since, from what you have posted, you do not have any problems breathing, I think you can try some home treatment.

First, I suggest you get a humidifier for your bedroom and other room that you may spend a large amount of time in.

Also, get a small jar of Vaseline jelly. Put some on a qtip and, carefully and gently, put a small amount of Vaseline inside the tip of your nose. Do not go deep!

You should also take some OTC medicine such as claritin-D.

If this doesn't make things better in a few days you should consult your doctor.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, I wonder why my nose is tender to the touch as this has never happened before. Do you think it a reaction to something new? I used to be allergic to moist air and get really swollen nose on the inside

that it was hard to breathe. Now it feels hollow but it hurts when I put my shades on, what do you think?

I think it might just be the dryness at this point and allergies.

But, if this home therapy doesn't work, it would be helpful to have the inside of your nose looked at by a doctor on the rare, and off-chance, there is something wrong up there.

I am glad that there is no bleeding or other symptoms, which makes me more confident that you can fix this at home.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for the advice, I'll try that and hope it gets better.