Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Yesterday I noticed a grey spot on the white of my moms right

Yesterday I noticed a grey spot on the white of my mom's right eye. She's 61 years old. I've uploaded a photo. http://tinypic.com/r/4jh3t/5

She had an eye exam in June, about 3 months ago, and the doctor didn't mention anything about the spot. I'm unsure if that's because it wasn't there or if it's because he wasn't concerned.

She does have seasonal allergies and has similar redness in her other eye, but this spot is only in one eye.

Should I be concerned?

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Customer:

yes I'm available

Dr. Dan B. : Thanks for that picture. This is a normal aging-related thinning of the sclera (white part of the eye) called senile scleromalacia. This is really nothing to worry about and doesn't cause any problems with vision or the integrity of the eye. Does this make sense?
Customer:

yes it does and you have lifted a huge burden off my chest

Customer:

I tend to leap to the worst conclusions

Dr. Dan B. : Good. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

Thank you so much for your help, that was it for today

Dr. Dan B. : Great. Have a great day! Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

I'll definitely put you as Excellent Service!