Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Is there an alternative to using Batadine when making eye injections?

Is there an alternative to using Batadine when making eye injections? My eyelids always have burning sensation to B wash. Dr says it is just due to dry humidity conditions. After Lucentis injections yesterday, betadine was removed with moist towelettes from around eye but eye was not flushed to remove the 3 drops put direct on eyeball - which went behind eyelid. Although I complained of continued burning sensation, I received only a couple of drops of lubricating drops. Both eyes burned for 12 hours as well as feeling several eyelashes loose behid lid. Then I was finally home and able to use eye-cup for 5 min on each eye and then drops afterward. Eyelids were swollen. Also eyes matted shut next morning.

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Dr. Dan B. : Phisohex has been used as an acceptable alternative. Do you have any other questions about this?

How willing should the Dr be in accepting my request for the alternative?

Dr. Dan B. : Unfortunately, I cannot say, as all doctors are very different. However, I would be quite willing. I would hope that any doctor worth his or her salt and tried his or her best to take care of the patient would be willing.

Okay. Thank you very much.

Dr. Dan B. : My pleasure. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!