Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had pressurein my head(mostly concentrated behind my

Customer Question

I have had pressurein my head(mostly concentrated behind my eyes) for a few years now. It has varied in intensity and duration...but for the last6-8months it is constant. I hashed a feeling of exhaustion centred behind my eyes and sinuses even after sleeping for 8 or 9 hrs a nite. Not only that...when I do wake up its as if ive been heavily drugged. I also have noticed a bad taste starting to drain down my throat more increasingly. The balloon type pressure and pain and sense of dizzy disorientation is with me every waking moment. This is really taking a toll on my quality of life. Very frustrated. Saw an emt Dr..did the scope..saw nothing. I would appreciate anything that would put me on a path to normality again. M. K.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Have they done CT scan of your sinuses?
Do you feel symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, acid taste in mouth etc?
Which medicines you have tried so far?

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes,a CT scan was done--negative.No to obstructions or discharge. I do have a nasty tasting post-nasal drip often.I've tried over the counter meds to no avail.Nothing that reqires a script.Perhaps an antibiotic would be a start???

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Mary thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. If your sinus CT scan was negative then the cause is not likely to be sinus. There are other causes like neurological headaches which can also present with such pressure. For this you should see a neurologist. As far as your bad tasting fluid in throat is concerned, it is usually related to sinuses but there is one more cause that can be responsible. That is acid reflux from stomach. Patients with acid reflux can quite frequently present with such bad tasting fluid in throat. For this problem over the counter cap omeprazole 40mg once daily can be tried for two weeks. For pressure feeling you should take only Tylenol. Avoid advil and aleve. So to conclude, i suggest you to see a neurologist and try omeprazole for two weeks and hopefully you will find some relief. Here i would like to mention that i am myself an ENT specialist. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.