Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hi, Dr. Rick--: Any ideas as to what I can do At Home for

Hi, Dr. Rick--:
Any ideas as to what I can do At Home for a post nasal Drip with lots of opaque white gunk? Cough drops and diet cola help,but I find I need to take a rest from them occasionally!!!!
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

What do you think is causing the drip? Infection? Allergies? etc?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

Is it worse at any specific time of day?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No KNOWN allergies-however, a Benadryl 25 mgs. Seems to have helped....I wonder if they would make me too tired during the daytime--this is the FIRST thing that has made a dent!!
Oh- and as far as I know, I am not taking anything that'd make me cough (like BP meds)--
'Am also worried these babies will dry my eyes out so contacts will be difficult.....Still: if They allow me to take a deep breath....

I didn't know that this was you ;)

Oops. The Gremlins that live in the internet ate my response above :(

Let me type it in again....

I don't think that the benadryl would make you too tired during the can try it and if it does, then don't use during the day. I'm glad it has helped though.....

Breathing is more important than contacts in the scheme of things lol!

That being said you could just use artificial tears more frequently if your eyes get dry....

Make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was up at least three times overnight, with a kind of tickled. Even though I took theBenadryl, It only seemed to last about four hours. It is getting very hard for me to sleep through the night without waking up with this darn drip.
I wouldn't mind taking the Benadryl, or a half dose of it, during the day if it helped. Today, I am trying an Allegra 12 hr. D during the daytime. Not sure what I will do tonight.
It's OK if you did not know this was me – I understand. As long as you know it is me now!!
At least my shoulder and back felt better! You know what they say: "If it's not one thing, it's your mother!"
Ain't that the truth :)

Have a good long weekend.