Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

A year ago I was injected I believe with botox to improve a

A year ago I was injected I believe with botox to improve a frown in my forehead. After the injection I experienced a severe reaction of inflammation redness and itching symptoms in the injected area.

Months later I noticed the thickening and lumps like half moon formation on top of my eyebrows and a tinge of blue color discoloration on it.

To date my lamps are still there. The blue discoloration is almost gone. However, periodically I ‘m still experiencing etching. If I robe the effected area red streaks appears on the skin.

The nurse who injected me said that she injected botox a neuromodulator. However the file that I sign before the treatment shows that I sign for dermal filler teosyal first line.

In your view what really material was injected to cause all these reaction? And what can I do now to remove the lumps and thickeness on my eye browses?

Please help.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Dr. Dan B. : The fact that there is a contradiction between what was stated on the informed consent form that you signed and what you were told was injected, I would have reasonable suspicion that this doctor does not know what they're doing or does not have a clear handle on how they are caring for you. Your complaints certainly sound consistent with the filler that did not get put in the correct place or that you may have had a reaction to. Either way, I think you are need of a second opinion. I would consult an oculoplastic ophthalmologist to get a second opinion about what is causing this and what can be done about it. Does this make sense?
Dr. Dan B. : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

if is filler what can i do now to remove it?

Dr. Dan B. : It must be surgically removed by your doctor.
Dr. Dan B. : Do you have any other questions about this?
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the lumps are still there but less notisible from last year that means that i should waiting little longer before surgical removal to see if my body will expell it material?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

note! the lumps are still there but less notisible from last year that means that will dissapier in time with out surgery?

Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.
It's possible that they may disappear on their own, but if it has been a year and they're still there, I doubt they will go away completely on their own.