Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I accidentally touched my eye while putting St Ives Collagen

I accidentally touched my eye while putting St Ives Collagen and Elastin on my face. I rinsed with water and Blink eye drops. Should I do anything else?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you having any pain or changes in your vision?

Dr. Rick :

Do you wear contact lenses?

Dr. Rick :

Welcome to chat.

Dr. Rick :

I cannot see anything that you are typing. Our chat system may not be working well at the moment. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Customer: No. I don't seem to have any irritation. I don't wear contacts. I have some gas permeables that I want to start wearing, but I will wait a couple of days now.
Robert,

Sorry about the chat system freezing up on us :(

Thank you for that extra information.

You did the right thing by rinsing your eyes out and using the blink drops.

It sounds like no damage was done and you will be just fine. No need to worry at this point.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I ask if you looked up the lotion ingredients or simply made a judgement call based on my answer?
Robert,

I made a judgment call based on 21 years of clinical practice and your post.

If you would like me to review the ingredients I will be happy to but I do not believe it will change what you need to do at this point.

Let me know what you would like.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.