Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

symptoms of possible eye area injury?

wanting to know symptoms of possible eye injury. umbrella flat end slid down from closet hit me under right eye (mainly on the bone) about 2.5 hrs ago. no tearing or redness of eye ball

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

If your eyeball looks OK, you are not sensitive to light, having any nausea, not having any eye pain and your vision is unchanged, then I would have to say that your eye is OK.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr Rick

eye looks ok. no nausea. no light sensitivity. my vision seems ok. i have some discomfort (slight) and a bit sluggishness of right eye area (i sometimes have dry eye and have had this sensation before) hard to tell if its a pulling sensation from below the eye area which is just barely swollen.

Shelly,

I think you managed to miss your eye with the Umbrella.

I think you will be OK.

Just put some ice on the area.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you. so if any major eye injury was sustained can i assume my symptoms would have been worse already, this happened about 6-7 hrs ago.

Shelly,

Yes. You are correct.

No need to worry at this point.

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me :)

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS