Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

i am still waiting for an answer to a question i posted about

i am still waiting for an answer to a question i posted about half an hour ago.....are there any eye-docs or neurologists willing to respond? thank you....susan r.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Is this eye red or is the vision changed? Is it light-sensitive?
Customer:

the eye is not red, nor is it light sensitive....since this is the glaucoma eye, i've thought it slighly more difficult to focus in the last few days........but only slightly....thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Dan B. : As the eye is not red, light-sensitive, and the vision has not changed dramatically, I do not suspect any significant or serious problems with you. Very often an eyebrow ache can be the sign of an irritated or overworked eye. I would suggest using artificial tears 3 to 4 times per day, every day for the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Dr. Dan B. : If you're doing this, and it has not improved or resolved, or if it worsens before then despite this, I would have a low threshold to bring this up with your eye doctor. Does that make sense? Do you have any other questions about this that I can help you with?
Dr. Dan B. : Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for that bug in our chat system. I'll repeat my answer here for you and let me know if you have any further questions about this.

As the eye is not red, light-sensitive, and the vision has not changed dramatically, I do not suspect any significant or serious problems with you. Very often an eyebrow ache can be the sign of an irritated or overworked eye. I would suggest using artificial tears 3 to 4 times per day, every day for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

If you're doing this, and it has not improved or resolved, or if it worsens before then despite this, I would have a low threshold to bring this up with your eye doctor.

Does that make sense? Do you have any other questions about this that I can help you with?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven't said, please don't issue a negative feedback rating-My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX am sorry to have seemed unresponsive, i simply was not getting your reply.....the thing that troubles me is that nothing hurts unless i sort of 'fingerprint' on a particular spot above my eyebrow...and then it feels like pressing a bruise.....but i did not bump my head, so the "bruise" must be interior........is that consistant with what you said above? the area is more like on the top of the eye socket, than the eyebrow........htank you for your help.

sincerely,

susan..........(no longerCustomer

Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I see what you're saying. Thank you for the additional information. On the basis of what you've just said, I do not think that this pain is consistent with what I described earlier. This pain is typical of either trauma, which you said you did not have, or some type of information. In the vast majority of cases, This inflammation is idiopathic, meaning it happens for no known reason. In very very rare cases, this inflammation can be due to something else more important or significant such as an infection or a neoplasm. However, I must highly stress that you do not try to worry about having these things until either, in the case of infection, that the area begins to become red, tender, swollen, are accompanied by fevers, or in the case of a neoplasm, is persistent and does not go away after several weeks to months, and maybe associated with weight loss, night sweats, or bony changes to the area around this (deformities).

What is very highly likely is, that this represents nothing that can be explained, but also nothing that is of any significance. If I were a betting man, I would bet that this would go away spontaneously within the next 1 to 3 weeks and not give you any more problems. Does this make sense?
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology