Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Hi I have seen weird stuff in my eyes like floaters, stars,

Hi I have seen weird stuff in my eyes like floaters, stars, when I blink purple light appears and feeling dizzy eyes red top right side of my head down to the back of my head to my neck and when i squeeze my temple it make my eyes feel better ,my eyes do feel pressured and uncomfortable. Been to and ophthalmology and 2 optometrists. They both said that my retina is perfectally healthy I dont understand why im still having problems
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is good to know that the retina is healthy.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Flashesof light can be seen in case of ocular migraine too.

Customer:

yeah true :D My doctor reffered me to an Neurologist to check my nerves I dont understand why is this happening

Customer:

yeah iam seeing some flashes to

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is likely that the headache and flashes are due to migraine.

Customer:

but why does my eyes end up having floaters if it was a migraine

Customer:

stars too

Customer:

pressure in the eyes as well

Customer:

hard to sleep

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The exact cause of migraine may not be known but it is said to occur due to vascular cause in the brain. There can be many triggering or aggravating factors and need to be identified.

Customer:

so what types would help me exactly?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Floaters can be seen due to changes in the vitreous.

Customer:

*types of doctors

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Your physician should be able to help you out with treatment of migraine.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

so theres really nothing to do at this point

Dr. A.S. Desai :

For severe headache, you can take tab.tylenol, 500mg, 1 tablet twice a day or if needed.

Customer:

ok well im looking for treatment that can make this issue go away

Dr. A.S. Desai :

To prevent recurrent episodes you can consult your physician for migraine prophylaxis.

Customer:

ok I ill let my physician know

Customer:

cant have this in basic trainning

Customer:

lol

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Migraine prophylaxis is with prescription medicines such as propranolol, flunarizine.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you have any more questions to ask?

Customer:

so a migraine can cause all other symptoms like these?

Customer:

when I wake up i end up not seeing anything for five seconds approximate only happend twice though

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes, migraine can cause these symptoms.

Customer:

any permanent damages?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

There are many variants of it so presentation can differ.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

No, it does not cause any permanent damage.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

what do you mean by presentation if you wouldnt mind me asking

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Presentation means the way the symptoms occur.

Customer:

ok well thank you for your time and your miss GOD bless you you have a great day :D

Customer:

*Your help

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello Nate,

How are your symptoms now? Has the floaters and headache subsided now?

Since you have not yet rated the answer, I was just wanting to know if you were looking for something more in the answer. If so please do reply back.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
Hi Nate,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Dr.A.S.Desai