Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I was putting the lid back on my Pred Mild eye drops after

I was putting the lid back on my Pred Mild eye drops after inserting drops in my eyes and may have touched the side/tip of the applicator to the inside of the bottle lid. Did I contaminate the drops? I was told that I may be able to wipe the applicator tip with an alcohol wipe or with a tissue w/alcohol. I would appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. No, you did not contaminate the tip. Although, you are correct. If you do want to clean the tip of alcohol wipes and let it air dry this is acceptable too. That make sense? Do you have any other questions about this?
Dr. Dan B. : It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

Dr. Dan B.: Thank you for your response. I'm glad to know that I did not contaminate my drops and may be able to clean the applicator tip w/alcohol in the future should the need arise. Thank you again for your help. You've put my mind at ease.

Dr. Dan B. : Oh good. You're welcome.Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.
Customer:

Thank you again.