Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I was sitting at my desk and was at the computer - i rubbed

I was sitting at my desk and was at the computer - i rubbed my right eye and then after rubbing it i noticed that my vision got a little blurry/smokey like- in both eyes the the white of my eyes are red

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes sir

Customer:

hello

Dr. Dan B. : Do they itch?
Customer:

the right eye by the tear dut i believe was feeling a little irritable and i rubbed my eye -

Customer:

but the vision now compared to an hour ago is kind of like smokey

Customer:

excuse me tear duct

Dr. Dan B. : Very likely, the rubbing of the eye has caused the conjunctiva, which is the thin transparent membrane over the white part of the eye, to swell. This is caused that eye to be red and the swelling also disturbs the tear film which makes your vision blurry. Unfortunately it takes only a few seconds for this to happen, but it can take a day or so for it to return back to normal. I recommend using cool compress and artificial tears to help this eye feel better. Does this make sense?
Customer:

by artificial tears - you mean tear drops correct?

Dr. Dan B. : Yes.
Dr. Dan B. : Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

any special type of tear drops you recommend

Dr. Dan B. : Nothing special, but I would not recommend using the ones that say get the red out or register me for four weeks on end. These are okay to use for now though.
Customer:

ok Dr Dan will do - the cold compress - how long should i apply the cold compress

Dr. Dan B. : 5 to 10 mins at a time.
Customer:

ok will do thank you

Dr. Dan B. : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Dr. Dan B. : Did you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

no thank you and will get back to you with my progress

Dr. Dan B. : Good. Please do. I can even check back with you in a few days as well.