Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I Take adderall but no prescribed. I usually take 20mg a day

I Take adderall but no prescribed. I usually take 20mg a day around 630 pm. Also I'd say 4 nights a week a drink heavily while on it. For about 2 months now I have been expierience mg weird feelings. Right b4 I cross over to sleep I feel a jolt in my chest and sometimes numbness in my left hand/arm. I don't have a history of any heart problems or in my family. Only thing is high blood pressure. Also occasionally I feel ringing in my right ear and mild chest pain while breathing. This usually occurs when I am coming off of the drug. Please inform me if I should seek medicinal attention or just keep an eye on it or what I should do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Do you know what your BP is running?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any other medication?

What do you mean by "drink heavily"?

How long has this been going on for?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what my BP is, other medical condition I take Synthroid. Drink heavily, I mean by usually 12-15 beers a night 4 times a week. I am in good shape and workout almost everyday. 6'4 230. Started feeling it close to around 2 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
David,

It is not unusual to feel a jolt just as you are falling off to sleep. In the vast majority of cases this is nothing to worry about. This is also true for the some short term numbness in your arm. Even though this is your left arm, it is most likely not a sign that you are having a heart attack. You do not have to worry about this.

What you do have to worry about, however, is your excessive alcohol consumption. From what you have posted you have a serious drinking problem and need help. This amount of drinking will seriously shorten your lifespan.

In my professional opinion I would have to say, yes, you should seek medical attention. You should have a complete physical exam to see how your liver is doing and what other body systems may be damaged from your drinking.

You should also seriously consider joining AA.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You want me to tip you, based on you telling me I am an alcoholic and to join AA? You basically just told me that what my signs are is normal and nothing to worry about. U haven't given me any help at all.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
David,

Isn't telling you that the symptoms are normal and are nothing to worry about helping you?

The stuff about drinking was just extra information I added on for free.

I am sorry if the diagnosis of your drinking habits offends you. I was only telling you the truth.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest