Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

DR. RICK ONLY-: I need some advice regarding a visit to my

DR. RICK ONLY-:
I need some advice regarding a visit to my orthopedist....
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 11 months ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I would ask him if he thinks you should try surgery at this point or if he feels that the shots are the way to go. Also, as I am sure you don't like being in pain, I would ask him if he thinks the shots could be given more frequently, perhaps before the pain starts to come back or at the first sign of discomfort.

I hope you are otherwise doing well.

Things with me are the same but, tonight my Wife and I will be caring for our 7 month old Granddaughter while her parents enjoy an entire night alone together...

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good weekend :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanx, Dr. Rick--is it OK to leave this Q open and mash the "Excellent Service" button after my Thurs. app't when i get your feedback?

Should i REALLY ask him about surgery(so far, he has said i do not need a replacement; i never even ASKED!!)?? And would more frequent shots help? I thought i was only allowed a certain number a year?

Please explain.

Happy grandparenting--at least it will be SHORT!!

~M~

Madeleine,

Sure. For such a wonderful person as you -- feel free to leave this thread open :)

There is a limit to how many steroid shots you can have over a given period of time but I think that number is XXXXX

It is very hard to type with this baby on my lap!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanx--'will be in touch.

Enjoy the treasure on your lap :)

I am. She's hungry..again :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Rick-:

I was trying to get the comp to upload a copy of my X-Ray of shoulder--so far, no luck!!

At any rate-doc gave me another shot, but said i would need an MRI and another X-Ray (i s'poze of a diff spot??)and probably to be "scoped--"is that Doctoreze for "Arthroscopic Surgery?? He said that my hip replacement Op was "a walk in the park" compared to THAT!!!! He NEEDED to tell me, right????

Any thoughts(i will try to keep sending X-Ray, but if you have any ideas as to how, let me know,OK?)?

Thanx,

Madeleine

Madeleine,

He probably means just using a scope to look around inside your shoulder but, I am sure, if he finds anything that needs fixing, he would take care of it while he was there....

We have lot of issues with uploading xrays for some reason. Maybe if you took a picture of it with a camera and uploaded a picture of the xray????

I'm sure that even arthroscopic surgery is less traumatic then hip surgery....but, then again, I am but an uneducated retina surgeon ;)

I hope you are otherwise feeling better.

Have a good day!

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The shot HAS helped!! Too bad the Guy didn't agree to my request to have a permanently implanted lidocaine drip placed intravenously--can you think of a good reason why NOT????!!!LMAO????

I WAS able to upload the photo; it is under another one of my questions--can you try to find it and give me your "uneducated" opinion (now i do not believe THAT for a second!)?

Thanx,

~M~

P.S. See if this link works???

http://www.justanswer.com/view_image.aspx?href=http://s3.amazonaws.com/f01.justanswer.com/madymusichotmail/2013-08-15_215334_img_0121.jpg

Madeleine,

At least with a lidocaine drip you wouldn't have any abnormal heat beats (it is used for that....)

Do you know which one of your questions (give the title) the xray in on....you have 299 posts :)

I'm glad to hear the shot worked....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry i was so non-specific--

Does the link above work??

It was the last question i asked you BEFORE this one....i was SOMEHOW able to upload the photo THERE, but HERE, it turns up VVVVEEEERRYYY Large....

So let me know if you can see it?

Madeleine,

Got it!

It looks a bit rough to me...but I'm not very good on reading xrays of shoulders as they are a long way away from the eye :-)

So. Will I sound knowledgeable if I just say (typing in a Scholarly British Accent) "I believe your surgeon is correct...." lol!

Have a good weekend

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest