Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Hello! I woke up Sunday morning with my left eye brow bone

Hello! I woke up Sunday morning with my left eye brow bone feeling bruised to the touch, and loss of feeling above my left temple, as well as loss of feeling on the top left area of my scalp. I have no other symptoms. I went to my general physician on Wednesday and he said he didn't know and said it would probably go away. Do you happen to know more of what it could be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Any change to your vision? Do you have any sinus pain/stuffiness or a history of sinus issues?
Customer:

On Saturday and Sunday my eyes were intensely bothersome and itchy. That has since gone away. No changes in my vision. I have had some sinus issues in the past as I have seasonal allergies.

Dr. Dan B. : Is there any swelling in these areas currently? Any redness, were you rubbing the eye intensely?
Customer:

No redness, no swelling, and I refrained from rubbing my eyes. The numbness in the particular areas of my head were also sudden on-set and the level of numbness has not changed and the area has not changed, either.

Customer:

My left eye feels slightly 'heavier' than my right, but no real issues with vision.

Dr. Dan B. : By heavier do you mean the upper eyelid is droopy?
Customer:

I am sorry, I am articulating this poorly! Not droopy... I can just tell it takes a little more effort to open it wide. And like I mentioned, my brow bone is tender and above my left temple is numb, so that whole side feels off. But no part of my features are drooping or puffy.

Dr. Dan B. : Okay. Thanks for that clarification. You aren't smiling funny are you? Like a drooping or change in the corners of your mouth at all?
Customer:

No, I am not.

Dr. Dan B. : Do you have now, or have you had any other areas or patches of numbness anywhere on your body for any length of time? Any difficulty controlling your bowels or bladder?
Customer:

No other patches of numbness now or previously. And no bowel/bladder issues.

Dr. Dan B. : For the most part, I tend to agree with your primary care doctor. There does not seem to be any other concerning symptoms that make me significantly worried at this time. However, it is possible that there is either a sinus infection or some other sinus pathology that may be leading to this numbness and pain over your brow area. For this reason, if this persists for more than a week or so, I would consider going to see an ear, nose and throat specialist to have this further evaluated. Does this make sense?
Customer:

Yes, thank you.

Dr. Dan B. : Do you have any other questions about this ?
Customer:

I do not. Thank you for taking the time to provide insight.

Dr. Dan B. : My pleasure. Good luck to you. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology