Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I need help please 2 months ago I accidently inhaled a dust

I need help please
2 months ago I accidently inhaled a dust that came out of a small package of Raid ant traps as I opened it.
At first I was very weak and tired for about 3 weeks
then my mouth started burning -along with my throat, and tongue
They are still burning after about 5 weeks. I have been to so many doctors and am getting no where. I am now starting to cough a lot.
Those doctors include my GP, an eye nose and throat, an intern (gastroenterologist) and now a pulmonary. Raid says their traps are made of peanut butter and a small amount of poison. it was not what was inside the trap that I inhaled it was some dust that I inhaled as I opened the bag the traps were in which was under pressure.
a poof occurred ad I opened it. Raid cannot help
Please
I do not know what to do.
Thank You

Ralph Avery

Please help
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

were you able to read my problem??

Customer:

where is your response

Customer:

I cannot see it on my computer

Dr. Rick :

Ralph, As you already know, the stuff that the raid ant traps are made of are not your problem. Even if you inhaled the poison in a bag full of them, you weigh a lot more then an ant and would not be harmed. So. It must be whatever was inside the bag that poofed out....

Dr. Rick :

I type slow as I'm old and fat. :)

Customer:

where is your response I cannot see it on my computer

Dr. Rick :

Can you see it now?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Rick says:
7:02 PM
7:02 PM
JACUSTOMER-ohlfkcjr- has entered this chat!
7:03 PM
JACUSTOMER-ohlfkcjr- has stepped out of this chat.
7:03 PM
JACUSTOMER-ohlfkcjr- has entered this chat! Customersays:
7:03 PM
were you able to read my problem??
7:04 PM
where is your response
7:04 PM
I cannot see it on my computer
Dr. Rick says:
7:04 PM

7:05 PM
I type slow as I'm old and fat. :) Customersays:
7:05 PM
Dr. Rick says:
7:05 PM
Can you see it now?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Stan,

We can use this format as you couldn't see my typing on the chat.

Shall we continue?

Can you see this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sorry about the technical glitch :(

At this point it sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks

I had a liver scan

I had a colon scan and yesterday I had a chest ct scan

all were negative.

I do not what to do at this point in time

no one seems to be able to help

suggestions please

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Stan,

I understand exactly what you are going through.

It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you

how do I go about contacting these folks

I would say that Mayo in Jacksonville Fl would be the closet

how do start my contact with them

??????????????

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Stan,

Sorry. It was dinner time :)

You can contact them,and make an appointment through this web page:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/jacksonville/

I bet they can get to the root of your problem.

Let me know how things turn out.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest