Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

what to do for bee sting near eye

Customer Question

what to do for bee sting near eye

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

A bee sting would incite an allergic and inflammatory response . It can cause severe pain and swelling around the eye. You can take Tablet Zyrtec, 10 mg , one tablet at night for its anti allergic effect, for 5 days. You can take tablet Tylenol 500 mg, one tablet twice a day for 2 to 3 days to reduce pain and swelling. Since the sting bite is near the eye but not on the eye, there is no need for any other eye medicine to be put in the eye. Your symptoms should subside with this treatment eithin 4 to 5 days.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist