Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have had a headache between my eyes. Some days I am perfectly

I have had a headache between my eyes. Some days I am perfectly fine other days just a mild headache. Sometimes I am fine for part of the day. Could this be sinus related. I had a CT scan done a few months ago for another problem and everything was fine.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you ever get visual symptoms with your headaches?

Customer: No
Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you are suffering from migraines. I also, personally, suffer from headaches like yours.

Dr. Rick :

And, yes, you are correct. Many times it is due to a sinus issue. And CT, while it can find many sinus problems, it can not diagnose every one.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds to me that the next stop for you should be either with a neurologist who specializes in headaches, or with an ENT doc to further explore the possibility of sinus/head issues causing the pain.

Customer: The pain is usually between my eyes. and dull. I thought migraines caused more severe pain
Dr. Rick :

Not necessarily. A migraine comes in all different forms and strengths, although it does usually stay in certain pattern

Dr. Rick :

Mine is almost always starts behind my left eye.

Customer: Maybe I am not describing it correctly. It is not behind my eye. It is between my eyes on the bridge of my nose.
Dr. Rick :

Yes. I understand. I was just discussing how my headache works. Sorry for the confusion.

Dr. Rick :

I think that the best place for you to go next is to a neurologist who specializes in treating headaches.

Dr. Rick :

She can evaluate your sinus cavities if needed.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Kathy,

I noticed that you have been waiting patiently for another expert to help you with your re-listed question.

If you could tell me what you need in order to have a quality answer to your issues, I would be happy to try and accommodate you.

It is late in my time zone and I have surgery in the morning so I am heading to bed soon but, please, let me know if you would like me to help.

Dr. Rick