Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I got hair dye in my eye this past Thursday at my hair salon.

I got hair dye in my eye this past Thursday at my hair salon. I wiped it out with a towel but did not flush it out. On Saturday, I must have rubbed my eye & it turned bloody & was very irritated. It continues to be somewhat red & irritated. Do I need to see my Doctor? Today is Tuesday. Jo V

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Dr. Dan B. : Now, I don't think this is necessary at this time. I would just recommend using artificial tears 4 to 5 times per day and aside, lubricating eye appointment at night, and cool compresses liberally. If you been doing this for 2 to 3 days consistently still have my irritation, then I would recommend seeing your eye doctor. Does this make sense?
Dr. Dan B. : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

Thank you for your feedback. Since I last requested information, my eye has improved. I did as you recommended.

Customer:

I have an appt to see my Dr. next week for a regular eye exam.