Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I do have a pain and leak from my left ear.It starts about

I do have a pain and leak from my left ear.It starts about 4 years ago and progress since then.
I do feel this pain and leak mostly during the night time.
The pain is moving from the ear to my back on the head ,to my left eye and down to the neck.Sometimes the pain is inside the ear.
I have been a twice to doctors.They didn't find something significant.
(I did have breast cancer surgery-lump removal in 2004 on the left side )
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Have the doctors been able to obtain any of the fluid leaking from your ear?

Do you have any headaches?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

What kind of doctor have you consulted?

How is your hearing in that ear?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tha doctors did not obtain any of the fluid.The fluid is not there constantly.It is leak from timt to time,mostly at nigth time.

I do not have headaches,but sometimes I had pain behind my ear in head

mosltly like inflamation feeling.

I do not take any madications.

I was consulted by ear experts.

My hearing is fine with this ear.

I'm sorry that this has been going on for so long without a solution.

At this point it sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS