Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I am 48 year old female. I have been using reading glasses

I am 48 year old female. I have been using reading glasses 2.75 strength for the past year or 2. Last week I was painting several rooms in my house wearing my reading glasses for several hours a day, Right after I was done I felt my left eye was strained and weak. Then when I covered my right eye, my vision in my left eye was blurry and i could see kind of a grayish diamond image that would come and go. I have no headache. I went to an optometrist today and he could not see anything seriously wrong except beginning cataract and he said I probably have a lazy eye. On June 22nd, I got hit in left ear. It was bruised badly. But its ok now. Just wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Did you cover your left eye? If so, did you still see the object?

When I cover my left eye, I see fine with my right eye

Is that what you meant?

Doctor DanB : But did you cover the left eye at the time this happened? I assume your vision is back to normal now?

I am sorry but I do not understand your question. When what happened?

I can only see the gray object when I cover my right eye, and am trying to focus with my left. Then it goes away. But my vision is blurry in my left eye. The optometrist told me to wear 1.50 readers for distance and its helping.

I can see but not as sharply as out my right eye.

Doctor DanB : I see. So it seems like you're still having symptoms. I would recommend that you go see an ophthalmologist. You need a good dilated retinal examination by an ophthalmologist to determine if you have any swelling in the retina. .

Ok thank you I will do that.

Doctor DanB : Youre welcome. Do you have any other questions about this?

No thank you.

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!