Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

I have a black eye, discolouring the side of my nose and continuing

I have a black eye, discolouring the side of my nose and continuing under my eye. I did not injure myself but am on blood thinners (and do bruise quite easily). Could rubbing my eye have caused this condition?

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : Are you available to chat?
Customer:

Yes

Dr. Tom : Great, give me a minute to type a reply. Okay?
Customer:

Sure

Dr. Tom : Based on your history of bruising, and the use of blood thinners, it is certainly possible that rubbing your eye could have caused a small blood vessel break which now looks and acts just like any other bruise. And like any other bruise, it will take a few days to spontaneously go away. There is really nothing that you can do except wait it out. Somethinglike this could even have occurred following a suppressed sneeze. That's a pretty straightforward answer, but do you have any other questions?
Customer:

No, that's fine. Thank you very much for your help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for answering my question. The bruising around my eye has now gone away. Your expertise is much appreciated.