Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hello,Along my neck under my mouth there are these tiny pimple

Along my neck under my mouth there are these tiny pimple whitehead looking things, yet they are hard. There are over 50 over these on my neck. I think in the past I might have had one or so on my face, near my eyes.
What is this? Is it because I have elevated lipids?
What can I do? I want to take a pin and puncture and squeeze the hell out of them and get them gone. They are hard and unatractive.
thanks,
stefani

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What you are experiencing are called milia. They come from skin cells getting caught in pocket in your skin. They are very common.

Dr. Rick :

You should NOT take a pin and squeeze them yourself as that will, most likely, leave a scar.

Dr. Rick :

You need to see a dermatologist who can easily, and safely, remove them for you.

Dr. Rick :

Here is a good website on this topic:

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick :

One other thing I would like to discuss......I see you have asked 7 questions on this site but you have only given positive feedback on two of them. As such, your experts have not been compensated for assisting you. I hope that you will press the positive feedback button for my assistance today. Oh ya, and just in case you were wondering....the positive feedback button labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push :-)

Dr. Rick :

Have a good day!

Stefani,

Dr. Rick says:
4:43 PM
4:44 PM
4:45 PM
4:45 PM
4:45 PM
Here is a good website on this topic:
4:46 PM
http://www.skinsight.com/adult/milia.htm
4:46 PM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
4:48 PM
4:48 PM
Have a good day!