Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I had cataract surgery Tuesday. All is going very well post-op.

I had cataract surgery Tuesday. All is going very well post-op. I am taking Besivance, Prolensa, and Prednisolone drops. (I also have been taking timolol for years and am familiar with the use of eye drops). It seems that I may have used my last dose of Besivance today while the others are still plentiful from what I can determine. I began taking it Monday as prescribed b.i.d. 5 ml. As a matter of fact, the 3 drops are all 5 ml. Question: How long should I be taking Besivance for? Should I be contacting doc today (on call) for a refill? Thanks

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : i think most doctors are going to want you to have a full weeks worth of it so I would go ahead and contact the on-call doctor for a refill.

thank you so much

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Do you have any other questions about this?

Nope. I have a hx of CSR, retinal detachment with buckle in 1996, so no chances here :) Thanks

Doctor DanB : You bet. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!