Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Dear sirs , I m wearing glasses and I did early this year

Dear sirs ,
I 'm wearing glasses and I did early this year a check up for my eyes because they were getting sometimes Red during the day and after using computer , and the doctor told me my eyes are dry and he prescribed me Artificial tears ( name : SYSTANE) to be used twice a day , and he told me my eye pressure is Normal .

Now after using the drops my eyes are ok

I have a general question , which is something I noticed and may be its common...
if I bend down for 15 seconds for example I notice after I stand straight that My eyes are reddish for few seconds then this reddish color Disappears quickly and my eyes restore the normal white color. so is that Normal ? I don't feel pain or discomfort ..only this temporary red color when I bend down.

Thanks for your support.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

hello dr

Doctor DanB : While I have not been able to examine you to determine if there is anything else wrong with your eyes, I suspect this is a benign finding that represents the blood pooling in the blood vessels in the eyes as you put your head down. This does not seem anything to be worried about as long as you are asymptomatic and not having further problems with your eyes. Does this make sense?

yes. when i went to the doctor he did the standard tests like eye pressure and sight test and so on there further tests for this condition ? what is asymptomatic ?

Doctor DanB : Asymptomatic means without symptoms. There are no specific tests that would need to be run for this, just a complete history and exam of your eyes to determine if there are any abnormalities.

so as long as I m not complaining from other sypmtoms and the eye exam i did was ok so this could be normal ? . in the morning when i wake up its also red for few minutes and then this color disappears ...

Doctor DanB : Yes, that is correct. In a person with dry eyes, the eyes can become red easily and the morning time is especially common time for this to happen.

Ok..thats all .. Thanks doctor for your help ..I will rate the service as Excellent . have a nice weekend...

Doctor DanB : Thanks. Good day. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!