Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My dog kicked me in the eye, approx 5 days ago. I was expecting

My dog kicked me in the eye, approx 5 days ago. I was expecting a black eye. My eye has been bloodshot after applying makeup remover ( I use coconut oil), but not bad enough for anyone to notice. Today, while applying that, I felt pressure and a little pain on the eye, and noticed that the white of my eye is folding-toward the eyeball. I am guessing the sclera has detached. Should I go to the doctor, the eye doctor, or just let it heal naturally?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Is your vision affected at all?

Dr. Rick :

Is there any pain or discharge currently?

Customer:

No, It doesn't seem to be.

Customer:

Maybe not pain. Itching and a feeling of mild pressure

Customer:

I haven't noticed any discharge.

Dr. Rick :

Is the white part of you eye bloodshot or look like raw hamburger?

Customer:

Yes, bloodshot.

Customer:

It is bloodshot toward the lower outer corner, but the white part that isn't bloodshot, toward the retina is what is folding.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. It sounds like your dog may have caused a small cut in the skin that covers your eyeball (called conjunctiva). Since it seems that you are otherwise OK this will most likely heal on its own.

Customer:

Super! Thanks for your help!

Dr. Rick :

But, since I can not examine your eye and tell for sure what is going on it may be safest for you to see an ophthalmologist just to make sure everything is OK...you only have two eyes...

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick :

But, all in all, I think you are going to be OK :)