Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Im having trouble sleeping. I am thinking about using this

Customer Question

I'm having trouble sleeping. I am thinking about using this new product that uses green light to help with delaying or advancing the body clock to help me sleep. I am worried that this green light could have negative effects. Is there any scientific evidence
that green light is safe? Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me more about this green light, or give me a link to a website that talks about this light?
Do you have any medical or eye problems or take any medication?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Of course. The product is called the re-timer and the website is don't have any severe eye problems and I am not on any medication. I wear contacts every day and I have a slightly elevated pressure in one of my eyes that was a risk for glaucoma. It has been checked and, since the pressure has not changed, it is not a risk.Thank you Dr. Rick
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I've reviewed all the information that is provided on their website. They do not say anything about the specific wavelengths of light used, how intense the light is or what is used to generate the light (incandescent bulbs, LED bulbs etc).
That being said, from the data provided I do not believe that the device will cause any harm to your eyes, face etc. Of course, if I had more technical data or a device to examine I could be more sure of my statement.
So. What is the take home message? While there are no scientific studies on the safety and efficiency of green light I think the device is safe to use. I would ask if they offer any money back guarantee and I would make sure to pay with a credit card so you have recourse against the company should you not like the item once received.
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS