Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Might have a rotator cuff tear in shoulder. Cant remember

Might have a rotator cuff tear in shoulder. Can't remember what dr said when he examined me 2-3 years ago. Definitely had tendinitis. Today I rotated my arm in a full complete circle (like in gym class when you were a kid and they said do big arm circles). After I did this I was in near tears it hurt so bad. It's now 2 hours later and it still hurts when I use it. Is there a chance that the tear could have developed further? Should I do the standard treatment for my tendinitis, or should I see my dr?
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of medical experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Thank you for your patience.

It is very possible that your tear could have extended or that you have done new damage to your shoulder.

From what you have posted and given the amount of pain you are still in I believe it would be best for you to see your doctor first thing in the morning.

At this time it doesn't seem like a trip to the ER is necessary but, of course, if you are concerned, by all means seek emergency care.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
First, in all honesty when I come on here, I'm looking for an answer quick. Your timing was a little slow for my tastes. But I give you high marks on tackling a question that was put in the wrong category. I had asked a question last week about my eyes and when I went to ask this one about my shoulder, it didn't even cross my mind to change the category. As soon as I posted it and saw it was wrong, I reposted under neurology and got a response pretty quick. Still, you had knowledge and you reached our to help me. I respect and appreciate that!! As far as my shoulder, this tendenitis is in both of my shoulders and probably affecting my elbows too. I have all kinds of issues and any one or all could be causing my pain. Yes, sometimes I'm a hypochondriac. That's why I pay a subscription fee!! LOL just wanted to say thanks for offering to help!!
Chris,

Thanks for making me smile :)

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button ;)

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with in the future. Have a good evening.