Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Good Morning, I am a Afro American 49 Year Old Lady I am

Good Morning,
I am a Afro American 49 Year Old Lady I am going through a Serious Change in my System I have Dark Circles under my eyes and they Appear to get Darker and Darker In spite of what I do.
I cant use any type of Cream on my Face or under my Eyes because I swell up and it Looks as if I have a Black Eye with the Swelling and Itching and Redness. I Just want to Cry Every Morning I see myself...All I do is Cry now I Look A Wreck!

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

Yes I am

Dr. A.S. Desai :

There could ne a lot of reasons why one can get dark circles around the eyes such as fatigue, lack of sound, adequate sleep, lack of nutrients in the food, genetic cause, anemia, chronic illness.

Customer:

I have Been to the Dr. Ample For Times I have even seen a Dermatologist for the The Second time in my Life I was Preescribed a Cream it Dosent do any Good He says there Isnt really a Cure Im at A lost I thought maybe you could Help

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you hqve not got a health check done in the recent 6 months, then it is better get it done. The routime tests should onclude the hemoglobin and complete blood count, RBS, thyroid function tests. If all these reports come as normal, then you can consider taking a high protein diet.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Sorry I saw your reply after I had sent mine.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I was about to suggest going to a dermatologist but then you have already done that. I am surprised why you not suggested a more vigourous treatment for it apart from application of cream.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

A lot of dermwtologists do consider chemical peel for dark circles under eyes.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Have you been suggested that?

Customer:

Yes I Have

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you already been investigated for an underlying cause for the dark circles with normal results, then it is better to consider undergoing chemical peel.

Customer:

Im so scared because of what ive been using has burned my skin

Dr. A.S. Desai :

But this done by professionals using safe chemicals such as TCA.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

However these are used only after testing for any untoward reaction.

Customer:

Ive even used Vitamin K Im using Lemons Lemon Juice everything Burns me ...what is a TCA?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Trichloroacetic acid.

Customer:

Is that a Cream because the Dermatologist gave me a Cream and it dosent work

Customer:

Microdermabrasion?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

No, it is not a cream.

Customer:

Microdermabrasion I know is not a Cream but the Dermatologist had given me a Cream Im going to look into it I Appreciate the Information I thought about it But was Extremely Scared which I still am Thank You