Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi. I have been having pain and pressure behind my left eye.

Hi. I have been having pain and pressure behind my left eye. The left side of my face is a little numb. I have been extremely nauseated. I have pain and stiffness in my shoulders and neck.this has all been happening for 5 or 6 days. Is this something I should be going to the doctor for or is it just a migraine?
Thank you
Suzy
Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that we have a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Camille

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Is your vision affected at all?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.
I am not on any medications. I have had both headaches and migraines on and off for the last 10-12 years. It stared with just bad headaches but the last 2 years have been more migraines. I will sometimes have a migrain for 2-4 week straight and then they will go away for months.
My vision may be affected a little but not much.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Suzy,

Thank you for that extra information.

From what you have posted, since this has been going on for so long, I think it would be best if you see your primary care MD for an evaluation.

While your symptoms may be from a simple sinus issue, with the persistent nausea and neck pain it might be something that needs medical attention.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest