Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have excessive tearing going on for about 3 years+

Customer Question

I have excessive chronic tearing going on for about 3 years+ & 2 surgeries, 3 procedures. It is not dry eye! Have had tear duc procedure to cut larger opening 3 times. Had some type of lower lid stretched & upper lid at outside attached. Did nothing except
narrow the size of eyes. Other surgery was tube inserted into 1 eye to connect inner corner top/bottom ducs to open ducs up. After 6 mos had removed & tiring of all of this by several 'specialists'. Any explanation, options & answers?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts. Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that we have a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more. Thank you, Camille

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.

Hello from JustAnswer You have neglected to state the diagnosis Clearly scarring of the tear duct is that correct?