Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

when i stretch my eyelids, on the far right corner of both

when i stretch my eyelids, on the far right corner of both my eyelids a fatty lumpy tissue comes out. is this normal? iv included a picture. i put a white dot to show its RIGHT ABOVE THE WHITE DOT

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB : Yes, this is one of the lobes of the lacrimal gland. This is a normal anatomical structure associated with the eye. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

yes it does, but when my dad pushed hes eyelids apart and back he didnt have the fatty tissue lump like i did

Doctor DanB : Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

were you able to see the picture i provided?

Customer:

hello?

Doctor DanB : Yes. I was able to see the picture. Granted, I'm not able to examine you, but this looks very normal for part of the lacrimal gland. Everyone has different shaped orbits and some will have more fatty tissue surrounding their lacrimal glands than some and some peoples orbits are deeper than others and therefore the lacrimal gland cannot be seen as easily. I would not be alarmed by this.
Customer:

okay thank you!

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. I hope this has been helpful. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!