Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Is light and glare sensitivity normal for pvds? Today was rough,

Is light and glare sensitivity normal for pvds? Today was rough, felt like I had to keep my eyes closed while on our boat and felt like lamp lightning was bothersome.
Hello Jen,

Thank you for the question . Sorry to know that the symptoms have been so frustrating. As mentioned in the other post, I would say that at this stage we can attribute these symptoms to the PVD because no other eye signs are present or noticed by your eye doctor which could have been responsible for these symptoms. The dilated eye exam has been normal but for the RP along with a normal macula. Light sensitivity can also be seen in presence of cornea problems/ iritis/ early cataract. But these can be detected easily on routine eye exam and since your doctor has not found any of these, looks like PVD is causing these symptoms.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist