Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Ive had problems with my glasses because they made me see

Customer Question

I’ve had problems with my glasses because they made me see two of everything, which made driving perilous and I’ve had to rely on others to drive me. On Mother's Day I decided to go for a drive, but had to return because my glasses just were not clear enough and cleaning them every now and then no longer helped.

Finally my son (he is now one of the top golfers around and is always busy) to take me to the optometrist. She did the usual thing with the dot and the letters and found that I could barely see the largest letter with my right eye. She immediately made an appointment with the eye specialist, who agreed to see me straight away.
He told me that I had thrombosis in my right eye and, because of the bleeding 80% of the eye-sight was gone. The left eye has a cyst in the bone behind the eye and that was going to cause major problems.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. How can I help you today? Ive read your description and understand what is going on. What questions do you have that I can help you with?