Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am 81 yrs old I have macular degeneration in my left eye.

Customer Question

I am 81 yrs old I have macular degeneration in my left eye. I have had 7 injections with Dr A and one injection with Dr B(due to logistic problems changed doctors) he had me on an antibiotic the day before. Now with 7 other treatments I never had a speck of blood and
a black circling around my eye for an hour. Dr B nurse said it was normal, Dr B started
injection the day before and 3 days after injection. Dr A did not do this, My question is why would the two
doctors treatments differ so much???? Treatments are once a month.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I am a retina specialist and do these injections on an almost daily basis.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

Are both doctors using the same medication? Do you know the name of the medication?

Dr. Rick :

How long ago were these injections? Also, I'm not sure what Dr B did. Did he inject your eye on Day 1 and then do a second injection on Day3?

Dr. Rick :

What type of antibiotic did DrB have you on the day before? Drops? Pills?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I will switch to Q&A format. This format works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Rick : Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : I am a retina specialist and do these injections on an almost daily basis.
Dr. Rick : Are you available to chat?
Dr. Rick : Are both doctors using the same medication? Do you know the name of the medication?
Dr. Rick : How long ago were these injections? Also, I'm not sure what Dr B did. Did he inject your eye on Day 1 and then do a second injection on Day3?
Dr. Rick : What type of antibiotic did DrB have you on the day before? Drops? Pills?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.