Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Hello, I noticed a dull pain slightly under my eyebrow the

I noticed a dull pain slightly under my eyebrow the morning after crying the previous evening. Now I notice there is a little swelling in the eye brow area. What do you think this could be? How can I heal it? Kindly let me know. Thank you.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : This is likely just some swelling in the eyelid and under the brow associated with the crying. I would recommend using cool compresses 4 to 5 times per day as well as using artificial tears 4 to 5 times per day. Your symptoms should return to normal after a couple of days doing this. Does this make sense?

Yes, when should I see an eye doctor?

Also, what is your definition of a couple of days?

Doctor DanB : I think if this doesn't resolve after 3 days or if it worsens despite doing what I've recommended or if it becomes red and accompanied by fever. But I don't suspect this will happen. Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : I actually meant two days.

No, this is fine for now. So if it is not healed by Wednesday p.m. EST?

Doctor DanB : If it isn't significantly improved by this time Wednesday evening then you can consider seeing your eye doctor.

Great, thank you for your help.

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!