Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

hello my husband has appt with ophthalmologist tomorrow morning

Customer Question

hello my husband has appt with ophthalmologist tomorrow morning he is using a optical treatment and eye drops for glaucoma both given to him by eye dr today his pressure reding was 22 what can he do to lower pain until tomorrow morning
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Aside from the glaucoma drops he is taking, there really isn't anything he can do to lower the pressure in the eyes between now and tomorrow morning. Ultimately, a pressure of 22 is not an emergency and is not going to cause significant damage to the eyes over the short-term. Working with His ophthalmologist to lower the pressure is an ongoing chronic issue to have to deal with. The ophthalmologist can adjust the pressure lowering drops as needed but short-term and large pressure changes do not need to be achieved. Nothing will happen if he does not lower his pressure further by tomorrow morning. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!