Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Light-headed, little dizzy, eyes feeling unable to focus.

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

how long has this been going on for?

Do you take any medication or have any medical problems?

Are you having any other symptoms?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Started yesterday, lasted most of the day and then this morning I woke

up with mild dizzy feeling. Throughout the day it seems to have lessened. Even reading last night was uncomfortable focusing.

Just vitamins, hormones. Recently diagnosed with a kidney stone.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just an aside, I have sensed being a tad off-balance for quite some

time, but not the lighted-head dizzy stuff.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

I think that your symptoms warrant a good evaluation by your internal medicine MD.

There are a large number of issues that could be causing your symptoms, some of them are really no big deal, but some of them can be serious....

I do not like that your symptoms have now been going on for almost two days. In my opinion the safest thing to do would be to have someone drive you to the ER for a complete evaluation. I could give you a long laundry list of possible causes but I don't think that would be of much help as, in my opinion, you really need to see an MD in person :(

If this is not something you want to do, and since you are feeling a bit better today you could, possibly, wait until first thing tomorrow morning and see your regular MD.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS