Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

At 88, I am having problems with dizziness (heavy head, blurry

Customer Question

At 88, I am having problems with dizziness (heavy head, blurry eyes). The three
blood pressure meds I take (Lasix, Diovan and Norvasc) all carry warnings that they
cause dizziness. The cardiologist says they can't be the problem. But I've tried all
other solutions (with MRI, BPPV therapy, sleep clinic !) and no change.

Isn't it possible that adjusting the blood pressure meds could help me?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. It is possible that changing your BP meds could be helpful.

Dr. Rick :

That being said, it sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. If your cardiologist doesn't want to even try changing your medication and all of your other tests have not been helpful I think that, at this point, the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick : Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Yes. It is possible that changing your BP meds could be helpful.
Dr. Rick : That being said, it sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. If your cardiologist doesn't want to even try changing your medication and all of your other tests have not been helpful I think that, at this point, the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

Dr. Rick : Does this make sense to you?
Dr. Rick :

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS